of the Latin alphabet ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTU VWXYZ
- 3 Science and technology
S, code of Cantabria (the S being the abbreviation of Santander, the capital), according to the Spanish standard ISO 3166-2: ES.
>S, also means Source Code.
- In many mangas like Naruto, Fairy Tail, Area D or Yu Yu Hakusho, the letter S corresponds to a category representing the dangerousness or the power of a person or a technique of combat, the scale being composed, in the ascending order of E, D, C, B, A and S.
- In the designation of minor planets, the S indicates a celestial object that was discovered between the 16th and the 30th of September of a year.
- Asteroids of type S are asteroids silicas.
- In the one-letter code of an amino acid of a polypeptide chain, the letter S denotes serine.
- The HTML element
smarks a strikethrough.
- S is a very high-level language and an environment for analyzing data and graphics.
- In a word processor, such as LibreOffice, OpenOffice.org, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Word, Pages or Wordpad; the S function marks the underlining of a text.
- In the text editors of the Emacs family, the combination of the Ctrl and S keys allows incremental searches.
- S is used to represent an estimator of standard deviation in statistics.
- [s] is the symbol of the international phonetic alphabet representing the dull alveolar fricative consonant.
- [ʂ] is the symbol of the international phonetic alphabet representing the muted retroflex fricative consonant.
- s is a long S, an old contextual variant of the letter S
- ß , or eszett is a ligature of S long with S (ss) or Z (sz). Used in German. Character transcribed most often by a double S (SS), or typed on computers by Alt + 225 on the numeric keypad (or eszett on Mac).
- S is often misused for Sigma (the Greek letter Σ (capital) or σ (lowercase) or ς (end of word), and its various meanings) and for various concepts related to sense or form (eg Sigmoid, Snake,…).
- (s) is often used to mark the plural at the end of a word in many languages
- S curves are curves used in different sciences and techniques
- S / , the official national Peruvian symbol of Sol (Peruvian currency).